In this article:
|Custom frameworks are available to users who have purchased the compliance module. See our plans page for more information about levels of features and access.|
Custom Compliance Framework Bulk Upload is a new feature that allows organizations to personalize their view of regulatory controls and best practices. Now, when handling a compliance framework with a large number of controls, you can upload the content quickly and easily to get the insights your organization needs.
In this guide, we'll walk you through uploading a .csv file with the information and format required to move you quickly through the custom compliance process.
Formatting your bulk-upload .csv
Let’s start with the format needed to work with the feature:
- The file will need to use the .csv format (file.csv)
- The .csv file should be formatted with semicolons (;) as the column delimiter.
- There should be no header row in the .csv file.
- Column requirements:
Column 1: The first column is required and should contain the key identifier for each control. Example:
Column 2: The second column is required and should contain the name of each control. Example:
- Establish and Maintain Detailed Enterprise Asset Inventory
Column 3: The third column is optional and may contain a description for each control. You can leave it blank if there is no description. Example:
- Establish and maintain an accurate, detailed, and up-to-date inventory …
- Column 1: The first column is required and should contain the key identifier for each control. Example:
- Here's an example of the correct file format:
Control Key 1;Control Name 1;Description Control 1;
Control Key 2;Control Name 2;Description Control 2;
Control Key 3;Control Name 3;;
Important: Each row of the .csv file requires 3 semicolons (;), even if you don'tinclude the optional description field.
- It might look like this:
1.1;Establish and Maintain Detailed Enterprise Asset Inventory;Establish and maintain an accurate, detailed, and up-to-date inventory;
1.2;Address Unauthorized Assets;Ensure that a process exists to address unauthorized assets;
1.3;Utilize an Active Discovery Tool;;
Upload your .csv
Now that you have a correctly formatted .csv file, you can upload it to the compliance section:
- Click on Scorecards
- Click on My Scorecard
- Click on Compliance along the left side of the screen
- Click on + New Framework
- Now, you can either click the “Upload” button to search for the file on your computer or simply Drag and Drop the file into the dotted rectangle area of the web interface.
If you need help or have questions, submit a support request.