In this article:
Groups are available with a paid SecurityScorecard plan. See our plans page for more information about levels of features and access.
Organize your Portfolios into Groups and assess their overall risk. Update your Portfolio and have your Groups automatically updated for you.
A Portfolio represents a curated list of Scorecards such that an overall security assessment can be done. Statistics and insights of a Portfolios are readily available at Portfolio’s Overview tab.
Groups allow to Group Scorecards from multiple Portfolios. Each Group then lists all Scorecards added to all Portfolios that are included in the Group. Any changes within each Portfolios (such as adding or removing Scorecards or custom Scorecards) will be automatically propagated to the Groups containing the respective Portfolios.
Similarly to Portfolios, Groups also have an Overview tab where statistics are displayed in the similar way as for Portfolios.
- Navigate to the Groups dropdown in your account and click on the Create New Group item.
- In the create dialog, select porfolios, which Scorecards you would like to include in the Group.
- Click Save to give the Group a name, description (optional), and set, whether the Group shall be visible only to you or to everyone in your company.
- Congratulations! You have just created a Group. Navigate to the Group any time from the Groups drop down menu in the top navigation toolbar. Use the Overview toolbar to see overall Group statistics.
- You can edit a Group setting from the Group page by clicking on the Edit link.
Create a Group
You can create new Groups out of existing Portfolios
From any Portfolio page or from the top navigation toolbar, create a new Group and include Portfolios on it.
Create a new Group from the Groups page by selecting Groups from the top navigation bar and then clicking Create Group.
Create a new Group from a Portfolio:
Included multiple Portfolios:
When saving the Group, name and describe it, and set viewing permissions.
The newly created Group appears on the Groups page.
Assess risk in a Group
The Overview Tab in a Group page visualize the security posture for all Scorecards found within the Group. This tab behaves exactly in the same manner that the Overview tab does under Portfolios.
Tip: On the Group page you can add or remove Portfolios for a Group anytime.
Share a Group URL
You can share the URL of a Group with anyone in your organization, which will allow the recipient to save their own instance of a Group. The two Groups are independent, so the recipient can change their Group instanceby adding or removing Portfolios without affecting your original Group.
If you share a Group with a user who does not have access to one or more of the Portfolios, they will see a message indicting they cannot view the Group. This can happen if you create a Group with private Portfolios or if a team has access to a Portfolio in the Group and that user that received the link is not a member of that team.