In this article:
Gain insight into the impact of inviting your third parties to SecurityScorecard by tracking the acceptance rate of invites and understanding how they are engaging with the platform to improve their security posture.
The Invited Company Dashboard gives Administrators users insight into the impact of inviting third parties to SecurityScorecard. Access the dashboard for a consolidated view of:
- All companies and contacts invited by your organization
- Invite history for a specific contact
- Invite acceptance rates
- Third-party engagement trends including ongoing login activity, issue resolution, and score changes
How it Works
Anytime you use the “Invite” workflow to send a SecurityScorecard platform invitation to a business partner or vendor, we store that information in the Invited Company Dashboard for you to reference. You can use the Dashboard to track if your invited contact accepted your invitation. If your invitation goes unaccepted for 14 days, you have the option to resend the invitation from the Dashboard page. Once an invite is accepted, you can track engagement of your contacts and the invited company to understand if they are continuing to log into the platform, if they are fixing issues, and if their score is trending up or down.
- Navigate to the portfolio dropdown in your account and click on the View Invited Companies button
- Use the filters on the left to view the segment of companies you’re looking to analyze.
- Reference the summary metrics at the top to report on acceptance rates, number of your invited companies who are active, and how many contacts you have sent invites to
- Below the summary metrics, you can see all companies your team invited to SecurityScorecard, including:
- Last invite date
- First invite date
- Current score
- 30-day score trend
- Issues resolved last 30 days
- Number of active contacts
- Expired invites, if applicable
- Drilling into each company will show you:
- Contacts invited
- Activity status (defined in the FAQs below)
- Last login
- Invite status
- Invite history
- Export the invited companies list as a CSV to distribute to team members outside of SSC, or to other stakeholders as needed
Which companies show up on the Invited Companies Dashboard?
As soon as a user in your account sends an invitation to a third-party contact to collaborate on their Scorecard in the platform, the Scorecard will appear as a line item in the Dashboard so that you can immediately start tracking their acceptance and engagement activity.
How far back can I see invite data?
Users can view invitations sent from February 2019 onward.
What do the invite statuses mean?
- Accepted: Contact accepted the invitation
- Pending: Invite was sent, contact has not yet accepted but the sign up link is still valid. Invites will remain in this state for 14 days before expiring.
- Expired: Invite expired. Invited contact will no longer be able to sign up via the link in the email.
- Voided: Invited contact had a user account in SSC before invite was sent, or signed up via an invite sent by another user / organization. Invite was voided, but contact can still log in via sign up link in the invite.
What is the definition of an active company?
Active companies are scorecards with a user who logged in the last 30 days. The user who logged in does not need to be a user invited by the organization to qualify as active. This means that there could be situations where a company in the list is labeled “active” but there are 0 active contacts.
What time range does the score change represent?
The score change numbers in the company table represent the score change in the last 30 days, mirroring the score change on the portfolio table.