To create a custom template from scratch:
- Go to the Template page
- Click Add New
- Select Create custom template
- Start to enter Title, Version, Category, and Question
- You can select Question or Information from the dropdown if needed to provide more context before the question.
- For answer types, you can choose: text, single select, multi-select, number, percentage, file upload
- More questions and categories can be added.
- If you need to add conditions to the questions where the visibility of some questions is dependent on answers to another, you’ll need to click on the “Show if” tab and specify the question ID. You can only refer to questions that come earlier in the questionnaire than the conditional question. You can either select the dropdown or choose the script editor. The script editor will help should you need to migrate the excel template to the questionnaire builder in the UI. Below are some examples:
- $AD.1 = "never"
- $AD.1 <> "never"
- $AD.1 <> "never" AND $AD.3 <> ""
- $AD.1 <> "never"
- $AD.5 >= 1_000_000
- $AD.6 = "no" OR $AD.6 = "not sure"
- Mapping SSC issues to a question will help provide a 360view as you’re reviewing the responses to the questions. You are able to do this by clicking on the “SSC Issue” tab and selecting which issue types to add. The options include what is available in Ratings. For faster selection, you can search for the issue type which will search against the name and the description.
- You can duplicate the question which includes already inputted conditions and SSC issue types
- If needing to reorder the questions, simply go to the left menu and drag/drop the question
- You can preview the questionnaire prior to Publish
- Atlas will validate the template for you before publishing and let you know if there are some issues to be fixed.
If you need to navigate away from the Template section in the middle of creating a questionnaire, it will be autosaved and the Template section will be updated with the Draft version. After Publishing the questionnaire, you will see it added to the Template section and the template list to choose from.
If you want to create your own template based on industry standards, or if you want to update and change your own custom template, you can duplicate the template and edit the copy.
- From the Template page, select Add New and choose Start from an existing template.
- Select a template you want to duplicate. Atlas will show you a preview, select Use this as a template
- You can also duplicate a template from the Templates page by using the context menu
Create customized Excel template
Atlas allows you to use Atlas Excel Template for advanced template creation.
- From the Template page, select Add New and choose Upload Excel Template.
- Download the template spreadsheet
- Open the template spreadsheet and follow the instructions on the Instructions tab to format your questions. The template provides examples of formatted questions, conditional questions, custom scoring, instructions for reviewers, and multiple answer options. Conditions are case insensitive.
- Save your completed questionnaire as a .xlsx file.
- Go back to the Upload a Questionnaire file screen and upload your questionnaire by selecting the “upload files” button and following the prompts.
- Once your questionnaire uploads successfully, you will see it added to the Templates view with a “Published” state.
- You can preview your custom questionnaire, rename, or delete any uploaded custom templates.
- The template will appear as a published template in the list of Templates and you can select it when sending a questionnaire