Once you have received a questionnaire from the sender, go to Received within your receiver dashboard and click on the questionnaire to open it.
Tools to Help Answer Questionnaires
For each received questionnaire there are tools within the questionnaire that will help you fill out the questionnaire, attach evidence, communicate with the sender, or assign specific questions to people within your company.
- The Details button at the top provides a quick overview of the status of the questionnaire. You can see the progress status at the top of the questionnaire
Atlas is helping you to collect a knowledge base with default responses on questionnaire templates and uploaded previously filled out questionnaires (accessible from Answer & Evidence page) and also suggests responses based on previously filled in questionnaire requests (accessible from Received questionnaires page). Once you have any answers in Atlas, Smart mapping will help you to autofill the next questionnaire requests, uploaded and default questionnaires by using Autocomplete or Lookup lens functions.
- Autocomplete - selecting this feature will autocomplete your questionnaire based on your answers in Atlas in all other questionnaires, preferring the default answers. Atlas will search for all related questions with answers and apply the newest answers from question mapped with the biggest likelihood where target and source response types are suitable
When to use this? Once you have answers in Atlas, use this feature and Atlas will automatically fill in the questionnaire for you. If you don’t have answers for the given template, feel free to review answers applied by Atlas with the lookup lens feature.
- Lookup lenses - selecting this feature will map all related questions and help you to wisely select the most relevant answer. Click on the magic wand on the right of the question and Atlas’ Smart mapping will find relevant questions from all uploaded questionnaires, previous requests, and default answer base.
When to use this? If you have already a lot of questions answered in Atlas, but Atlas didn’t provide you enough suggestions to autocomplete, use the lookup lenses. It will show you all the related questions which you answered earlier. Sometimes the response type does not match and therefore the answer cannot be autocompleted, but seeing for example your related free-text response will help you to pick a single select option.
If you want to see more suggestions, fill in your default answers for industry-standard templates or upload your previously filled out files to Answer & Evidence page.
- Atlas will download a data dump of all the questions and responses in CSV and attachments when you can click the “Download” button on the right-hand side of the screen. Atlas will then provide a zip file with all of this information.
- History provides a record of activity on the questionnaire.
Communication with Sender
- Allow access to your answers to Sender - Atlas values your privacy and wants to let you comfortable fill in the questionnaire. The sender won’t see your answers until you submit the questionnaire for review. Even after the submission, the Sender will not see your in-progress response changes in history. However, if you want to cooperate with the Sender tightly when answering the request, you can enable access to your answers.
- Check questionnaire - level Message from the Sender - the sender might have left some high-level instructions and attachments for you. If so, you will see these instructions under the questionnaire header.
- Filters make it easy to search through questions during answering. In the questionnaire, select the Filters button. Click on the checkboxes to select or deselect the filters you want. Sections are showing how many questions are shown and the rest is filtered out. All info questions stay even when the filter applies. You can filter on:
- Question states
- unanswered, answered
- yes, no, n/a answers
- Related information
- New issues
- new messages
- new attachments
- new answers
- Question assigned to your colleagues
- Question states
- Toggle all - Quickly see attachments, messages or, history or Security Scorecard data by clicking on the icon of which you would like to filter your questionnaire. Click (v) to access the tools under Toggle all.
Answer and attach evidence
- Each question has inputs to enter your answers and you can attach your evidence to each question. Evidence makes your responses more valuable for the questionnaire sender.
- You can see the history of the question and its responses. This will help you to find out who of your colleagues answered the question and who to ask if the response changed. The sender won’t see the changes before the questionnaire was submitted for review for the first time, or before you allowed them to see your responses.
- The Messages tab can be used to leave a message for a particular question. You can use this to clarify with the sender what answer they expect, check if the sender is asking you for some extra requirements, as attaching evidence or longer answer when sending a questionnaire back to you for updates, you can ask the sender for help, etc.
- Assigning Questions to your collaborators - Within the questionnaire, you are able to assign the entire questionnaire, a section of a questionnaire, or individual questions to someone within your company.
- Once you have assigned the questions in the questionnaire, select Notify User and they will receive an email notification.