In this article:
Slack App is available with a paid SecurityScorecard plan. See our plans page for more information about levels of features and access.
App Installation Guide
The Slack app for SecurityScorecard enables you to work more productively and ensure that your team never misses a change on a Scorecard. The Slack App for SecurityScorecard extends the power of our Rule Builder with the ability to set up notifications in a designated Slack channel based on Scorecard changes and events. When your designated event is triggered, you will receive a Slack message in your designated channel with more details on the event and a link to SecurityScorecard.
This guide will go over how to set up the app and automate alerts in Slack.
Before you get started
Getting started with the Slack App for SecurityScorecard is easy. In order to install it, the following items are required:
SecurityScorecard account with a paid plan
- Have your Slack account login information
- You must be an administrator for your Slack workspace or request approval from the administrator
How to Set up the Slack App
Setting up the App is easy. Follow the instructions below or on this video to get started.
- Log into SecurityScorecard.
- In the navigation bar, select the Integrations drop-down and select Marketplace.
- This will lead you to our Marketplace, where you can explore our Apps, Integrations, and Data Partners. Select Slack Notifications to access the installation page for the app.
- Click the Install button
- You will be prompted to log in to your Slack account.
- Next, you will need to authorize the connection between Slack and SecurityScorecard.
- Once authorization is successfully granted, you will be returned to the SecurityScorecard platform and the Slack connection will be completed.
Set up Notifications in Slack
Note: To ensure that rule notifications work as expected, make sure that relevant Slack channels are public.
Once the installation is complete, you can set up notifications from SecurityScorecard to your designated Slack channel.
- From the Slack Notifications App page, select Rules & Actions.
- In the Create a new app integration rule drop down, you will see the option to create your own custom rule or leverage one of the pre-defined rules provided by SecurityScorecard.
Once you select an option, you will be led to Rule Builder to customize and save your rule. Alternatively, you can always access our Rule Builder by going to My Settings and selecting Rules.
In our Rule Builder, you can create and edit rules to receive Slack notifications. You will need to fill out the following fields to create rules that alert you in Slack:
- Rule Name: what you want to call your rule
- Event: select the event that will trigger a rule, such as a grade drop or rise, overall score drop or rise, or overall score percentage drop.
- For: select who this rule applies to, such as your Scorecard, any followed Scorecard, or a specific Portfolio.
- Action: Select the action(s) to take place when the rule is triggered. In order to have alerts in Slack, select the Notify Channel from the Action list.
- When you are done building your rule, click Save.
- You will now get notified in your designated Slack channel every time the rule is triggered, with more details for you to take action.
Will SecurityScorecard see my Slack data?
We don’t have access to your messages in Slack, only the ones we post to your selected channel. We only have data on:
- Details of the event that triggered the rule.
- Your username, email, and organization.
Is there a limit to the number of rules a user can create?
Currently, users can create up to 25 Rules.
Who has access to the Slack integrations?
The Slack notifications are available for SecurityScorecard accounts with paid plans.
How can you turn off SecurityScorecard notifications?
You will have to turn off each of the alerts individually:
- Select My Settings from the profile icon in the top navigation
- Select the Rules tab from the left, you can edit, delete or pause each rule individually.
How can I uninstall Slack integration?
- All the rules configured for Slack will need to be deleted in order to disable the Security Scorecard notifications. As advised in the How can you turn off SecurityScorecard notifications?
- Select uninstall for Slack integration.
We would love to hear any feedback you have regarding rule builder and Slack integration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.