Use Jira App in Integrate360° Marketplace to automate ticket creation in Jira, based on scorecard changes and events. You design rules that are triggered by these events to create tickets with the following information:
- Event name
- Link to the Security Scorecard associated with the event
You can then assign and update the ticket like you would with any other Jira ticket.
Note: The capability to automatically update existing Jira tickets is in development. Also, automatic ticket assignment is not supported.
Install the App
Follow the simple setup instructions below, or watch this video to get started.
First, make sure you have the following:
- SecurityScorecard license on business or corporate plan, which include Jira integration
- Jira Account on Jira Cloud with administrative permissions or approval to integrate the app from your Jira administrator
Note: The Jira App integration only works with Jira Cloud. On-premises Jira installations are not supported.
Then, take the following steps:
- Select Marketplace from the top menu in the SecurityScorecard platform.
- On the Integrate360° Marketplace page, select Jira App to access the installation page for the app.
- On the Jira App page, click Install.
- Enter the following information to authorize the connection between Jira and SecurityScorecard, and then click Confirm:
- Your Atlassian API token (Click the link in the form to retrieve or create a token.)
- Your Jira login email address
- Your Jira site base URL (Log into Jira and copy the URL from your browser navigation bar, or ask your Jira administrator for help.)
On successful authorization, you see a success message and are redirected to the Security Scorecard platform.
Create a Rule to Activate Ticket Creation
Note: You can create up to 25 rules with this app integration.
Take the following steps to create a rule that automates ticket creation with a scorecard event:
- From the Jira App page, select Rules & Actions.
- In the drop-down list, select an option:
- Create your own custom rule.
- Use a predefined rule provided by SecurityScorecard.
- Enter a name to help you remember the rule.
- Select the event that will trigger the rule, such as:
- a grade drop or rise
- overall score drop or rise
- overall score percentage drop
- Select a scorecard or portfolio that the rule applies to.
- Select the action(s) that the rule initiates, in this case, creating a Jira ticket.
Jira tickets will now automatically be created every time the rule is triggered, with more details for your team to take action.
Note: SecurityScorecard only tracks the following Jira data from your app integration:
- Details of the event that triggered the rule
- Your user name, email, and organization
Tip: Access the Rule Builder anytime in My Settings > Rules.
Turn off SecurityScorecard Notifications
To disable notifications, turn off each alert individually:
- Select My Settings from the profile icon in the top menu.
- Select the Rules tab from the left to edit, delete or pause each rule individually.
Uninstall the Jira App Integration
Then, on the Jira App page, click Uninstall.
Get Help or Share Feedback
If you need help, have questions, or would like to share feedback, submit a Support request.