In this article:
When setting up a password for the first time, or resetting a password in a browser, the screen below is shown to the user. As a result, the password is not reset.
Possible Cause and Resolutions
1. The link has already been used
- The link received by mail can only be used once. Please request a new one.
- If the link has already been used, an HTTP 401 error code can be seen in the Browser Developer Console in Network tab.
2. Cache or Interfering Browser extensions
- Clear the WebBrowser cache and use Incognito mode
- If you have the CrxMouse Chrome extension enabled, please disable that option as we have seen it can cause login issues.
3. Request is blocked by company proxy
- Contact your IT team to allow the whitelist of the following 2 domains and all their subdomains:
- If the request is blocked by company proxy, it is possible that the either Network tab or Console tab of the Developer console has recorded the failure and an explicit error message.
Still not resolved?
If the issue still occurs after verifying for the possible causes above, please gather the following 2 information and contact email@example.com or via the Web Form in https://support.securityscorecard.com
1. Screenshot of the Developer Console in the Network tab after reproducing the issue, filtering for the "by-password-reset-code" request. Example below:
2. Screenshot of the Developer Console in the Console tab after reproducing the issue. Example below: