Security ratings (also known as cybersecurity ratings) are an objective, data-driven, quantifiable measurement of an organization’s overall cybersecurity performance. SecurityScorecard’s Ratings grade companies on a universally understood scale of A through F. In fact, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and is the only service with over two million companies continuously rated.
Security ratings help organizations manage internal and third-party cyber risk. Some of the top benefits of cybersecurity ratings include:
- Continuously monitoring the cyberhealth of your entire ecosystem
- Gaining insight into the cyber posture and security practices of your organization and partner organizations
- Accelerating business opportunities and partnerships
- Providing security assurance to existing and potential customers
- Realizing enhanced data protection
- Benchmarking security progress and comparing to industry performance
- Providing transparency to organizational stakeholders
Security ratings platforms scan the internet for possible control weaknesses, often employing technologies similar to the ones that cybercriminals use. Unlike cybercriminals, however, security ratings platforms alert your IT staff to the control weaknesses and suggest remediation actions to mitigate the risk.