In this article:
The Microsoft Teams app is available with a paid SecurityScorecard plan. See our plans page for more information about levels of features and access.
Use the Microsoft Teams app in Integrate360° Marketplace to make sure your team never misses a change on a scorecard. With the app you can have scorecard events trigger notifications in a designated Microsoft Teams channel. Each message includes important event details and a link to relevant information in SecurityScorecard.
Install the App
First, make sure you have the following:
- SecurityScorecard account with a paid plan, which enables Microsoft Teams integration
- Microsoft Teams account
Now, take these simple steps:
- Select Marketplace from the top menu in the SecurityScorecard platform.
- On the Integrate360° Marketplace page, select Microsoft Teams App to access the installation page for the app.
- On the Microsoft Teams App page, click Install and follow installation prompts.
Create a Webhook in Microsoft Teams
A webhook is a unique URL for sending alert notifications from the SecurityScorecard platform to your selected Microsoft Teams channel.
Note: You can use the same connector for multiple rules, so you only need to create a webhook once.
- Open your Microsoft Teams workspace.
- In the left sidebar of the workspace, select a target channel, open its menu, and select Connectors.
- Find and install the Incoming Webhook connector.
- Open the Incoming Webhook configuration. You may need to repeat steps 1 and 2 again to find the configuration dialog. Then, click Add to add a webhook.
- Create a hook.
- Name it SecurityScorecard.
- Use the SecurityScorecard logo by downloading the logo displayed below:
- On a Windows, right-click the logo.
- On Mac, hold down the Control key and click the logo.
- Click Create.
- Copy the displayed webhook URL, which you will need for creating a new notification rule.
- Click Done.
Get the URL of an Existing Webhook
- Go to Teams and select Connectors (See Create a Webhook in Microsoft Teams.)
- Select Manage > Configured.
- Under Incoming Webhook, click # configured and then click on manage for your webhook.
- Then you can copy webhook URL again.
Note: Alternatively you can remove the webhook entirely.
Set up Notifications in SecurityScorecard
- On the Microsoft Teams App page, select Rules & Actions.
- In the drop-down list, select an option:
- Create your own custom rule.
- Use a predefined rule provided by SecurityScorecard.
- In Rule Builder, create the details of your rule:
- Enter a name to help you remember the rule.
- Select the event that will trigger the rule, such as:
- Grade drop or rise
- Overall score drop or rise
- Overall score percentage drop
- Select a scorecard or portfolio that the rule applies to.
- Select one or more actions that occur when the rule is triggered.
For Microsoft Teams alerts, select Notify Channel.
- Paste and name the webhook that you acquired one of the following ways:
- Save the rule.
Your Microsoft Teams channel will now receive notifications with actionable details whenever the rule is triggered.
If you need help or have questions, submit a Support request.