In this article:
Automate ticket creation with the Security Scorecard Zendesk app for faster responses to security incidents and threats. Set up rules to generate and assign tickets and get notified in your normal Zendesk workflow for events in your Scorecard or that of a vendor, such as:
- A score drop
- A finding of a particular issue, such as a vulnerability in Mitre Corp.'s list of Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE)
- A breach
A ticket generated by a rule includes important details about the event and a link to SecurityScorecard for more context. You can resolve the issue if the event affects your own company Scorecard, or contact the impacted third party, such as a vendor, for next steps.
Install the app
First, make sure you have the following:
- SecurityScorecard account with a paid plan
- Zendesk account
Now take these steps:
- Select Marketplace from the top menu in the SecurityScorecard platform.
- On the Marketplace page, start typing Zendesk in the search box and then select Zendesk to go to the installation page.
- On the Zendesk page, click Install.
- In a separate browser tab, go to your Zendesk site and copy the subdomain from your site URL For example, if your site URL is your-company.zendesk.com, the subdomain is your-company.
- Paste your Zendesk subdomain URL in the text box, and click Confirm, so that Zendesk can access SecurityScorecard.
When the installation completes, you are redirected to the Rule & Actions tab for the app.
Create a rule
- On the Rules & Actions tab, select Create my own rule from the drop-down list. This takes you to the Rules settings page.
Tip: You also can go to the Rules page by clicking your avatar in the upper-right corner of the platform, selecting My Settings from the drop-down list, and then clicking Rules in the Settings panel.
- On the Rules page, click Create rule.
- Create the following settings for your rule and then click Save:
- Name your rule.
- Select an event to trigger the rule.
- Select whether the rule applies to your own Scorecard, any Scorecard you follow, or all Scorecards in a Portfolio. If you select the third option, select a Portfolio.
- Select a responding action, in this case, creation of a Zendesk ticket.
- Select settings for the Zendesk ticket.
- If you receive a lot of notifications and want to assign greater urgency to this rule's notifications for quicker response, select the checkbox to prioritize them.
Note: If you prioritize a rule, any notifications for the rule appear in the Prioritized tab for Notifications, in the top-right area of the platform.
The new rule appears on the Rules tab, where you can toggle its activation on and off.
The new rule also appears in the Rules & Actions tab of Zendesk app page in Integrate360° Marketplace, where you can click a link to edit it as needed.
Any tickets that you generate through rule automation in SecurityScorecard appear with other tickets in Zendesk.
If you need help or have questions, submit a Support request.