In this article:
ServiceNow for Vendor Risk Management is available with a paid SecurityScorecard plan. See our plans page for more information about levels of features and access.
Use this guide to manually import suppliers from the SecurityScorecard platform into ServiceNow’s Vendor table [core_company].
What you need
Make sure you have the following:
- Access to ServiceNow with an admin or Import_admin role
- Access to a SecurityScorecard account with a paid plan
Step 1: Download the vendor report
Download a vendor report from SecurityScorecard:
- In SecurityScorecard, click the Portfolios dropdown, and select the portfolio with the suppliers you want to import. This example uses the ServiceNow portfolio.
- Go to the portfolio’s list of suppliers, and download the list in a comma-separated value (.csv) file format.
- Select Reporting Center from the Core Tools drop-down in the top navigation. page.
- In Reporting Center, select the Generated Reports tab.
- Hover over the report you generated, and click Download.
Note: The Download link does not appear until you hover over the report row.
- Download the file and note the location, so you can find it later.
Step 2: Prepare the file for import
Make the following changes to the report to enable ServiceNow to import it:
- Open the downloaded CSV report, which typically begins with the portfolio name.
- In the spreadsheet file that shows all the portfolio’s suppliers, delete all the columns except Company and Domain.
- Delete the rows above the column headings.
- Change the Company column heading to name.
- Change the Domain column heading to x_sesri_ssc_vrm_company_domain.
- Prepare columns C and D for text:
- Select columns C and D.
- Click the cell formatting dropdown with the General value, and convert columns C and D to text fields. This will prevent the word true from being automatically changed to all upper case letters.
Note: Auto-formatting to upper case causes unexpected results or prevents migration of the report to ServiceNow.
Note: Only proceed with the following actions if want to synchronize all newly created vendors from ServiceNow with SecurityScorecard. Otherwise, just save the spreadsheet.
- In column C, add a column heading, vendor.
- In row 2, type the word true under vendor.
- Copy the true value to all vendor rows.
- In column D, add a column heading x_sesri_ssc_vrm_sync_vendor.
This enables you to automatically synchronize all your vendors in this portfolio.
- In row 2, where the supplier row starts, type the word true.
- Copy the true value to all rows under x_sesri_ssc_vrm_sync_vendor.
- Verify that the formatting matches the following screen shot, and then save the file.
Step 3: Import the CSV file into ServiceNow
Take the following steps to import the vendors file into ServiceNow:
- Log into ServiceNow as an admin or import admin.
- Select Global Scope in the Application Picker dropdown list.
- Go to System Import Sets > Load Data.
- Complete the Load Data form as seen in the screenshot below:
- Select Create table.
- Select the label SecurityScorecard Suppliers or a name that fits your naming convention.
- Select File as the import source.
- Click Choose File and upload the CSV file you formatted for the import.
- Enter 1 for the sheet number.
- Enter 1 for the header row.
- Click Submit.
- When the import process is complete, click Create transform map.
- In the Table Transform Map form, provide the following information:
- Select SecurityScorecard Suppliers for the name.
- Select Company [core_company] for the target table.
Warning: Do not click Submit.
- Right-click (Windows), or press control and click (MacOS) the Banner Bar in the Content frame, and click Save.
- Click Auto Map Matching Fields Related.
- When the four field maps have been automatically created, change the Coalesce value on the u_x_sesri_ssc__company_domain field map to true.
- Click Update to return to the update Set Progress form.
- Click Run Transform.
- Verify that the Transform map is in the Selected box.
Tip: If you do not see the transform map in either box, refresh the browser to reload with the new transform map.
- Click Transform.
- When the process is complete go to Vendor Risk > All Vendors and ensure the new vendor records were created with the Company Domain field populated.
Learn more about SecurityScorecard's ServiceNow for VRM integration:
- ServiceNow for VRM integration for installing, configuring, and using the configuration
- ServiceNow for VRM integration release notes