SecurityScorecard Salesforce Service Cloud is available with a SecurityScorecard Business or Enterprise plan. See our plans page for more information about levels of features and access.
Automate case creation with the SecurityScorecard Salesforce Service Cloud app for faster responses to security incidents and threats. Set up rules to generate and prioritize cases, and get notified in your normal Salesforce Service Cloud workflow for events in your Scorecard or that of a vendor, such as:
- A score drop
- A finding of a particular issue, such as a vulnerability in Mitre Corp.'s list of Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE)
- A breach
A case generated by a rule includes important details about the event and a link to SecurityScorecard for more context. You can resolve the issue if the event affects your own company Scorecard, or contact the impacted third party, such as a vendor, for next steps.
Install the app
First, make sure you have the following:
- A SecurityScorecard Business or Enterprise plan (See our plans page for more information about levels of features and access.)
- Salesforce Service Cloud license on Enterprise or Unlimited plan or generally on a plan that supports Web Services APIs
- System Administrator account in Salesforce Service Cloud
Now take these steps:
- Select Marketplace from the top menu in the SecurityScorecard platform.
- On the Integrate360° Marketplace page, select Salesforce Service Cloud to access the installation page for the app.
- On the Salesforce Service Cloud page, click Install.
- Read the information about the Rich Issue Description field, so you can determine whether to have it added to your default Case layout. Then leave the default option enabled or clear the check box to disable it.
Note: The Rich Issue Description field (internal ID: SSC_RichIssueDescription__c), is created during installation and added to your Case entity. It provides additional structured information about the specific issue and links to SecurityScorecard for more details.
If you do now want to add this field to your default Case layout and have it displayed in Salesforce, clear that option.
- Click Continue to start the installation.
- On the Salesforce authentication page, enter your Salesforce credentials.
When the installation completes, you are redirected to the Rules & Actions tab for the app.
Create a rule
Tip: This article focuses specifically on creating a rule for the Salesforce Service Cloud app. Learn more about working with rules for other uses.
- On the Rules & Actions tab, select Create my own rule from the drop-down list.
Take the following actions:
- Click your SecurityScorecard platform avatar.
- Select My Settings from the drop-down list.
- Go to the Rules tab of the Settings panel.
- Select whether to create a new rule or use a predefined rule.
- Provide the following information for the rule:
- Give the rule a distinct name
- Select the event that will trigger a rule, such as a grade drop or rise, overall score drop or rise, or overall score percentage drop.
- In the FOR drop-down list, select a Scorecard or portfolio that the rule applies to.
- Select the action(s) to take place when the rule is triggered. In order to have alerts in Salesforce Service Cloud, select the Create Case from the Action drop-down list.
- Assign a priority level to the created cases.
- Save your rule.
Every time the rule is triggered, a new case is created in the Salesforce Service Cloud.
Learn more about working with rules for other uses.
If you need help or have questions, submit a Support request.