In this article:
Take the following integration steps to provide ISS Internal Security with necessary information to communicate with your KnowBe4 platform.
When integrated, Internal Security extracts the following information from KnowBe4:
- All campaign data
- All security test data
Prepare for your integration
Before configuring the integration do the following:
- Install Internal Security from Integrate360°: Marketplace. See ISS Internal Security module for guidance.
- Make sure you have administrative permissions in KnowBe4 or access to an administrator.
The Internal Security integration requires the following configuration values:
|Reporting API access token||A token that provides permission to perform the GET request|
|Base product URL||
The cloud API base URL for accessing the data;
Note: Contact your internal Support or Engineering team if you are unable to provide the information required for this integration.
Step 1: Obtain an API token
Obtain or regenerate a reporting API token that will provide Internal Security with read-only access to KnowBe4 data:
- Log into KnowBe4, and click your username. Then, select Account Settings from the drop-down list.
- In Account Settings, expand Account Integrations.
- Select the API tab, and do one of the following.
- If you have not yet generated a reporting API access key, click Generate and then copy the generated key. Then click Save Changes.
- If you have already generated a reporting API access key and want to use it, copy that key.
- If you have already generated a reporting API access key but want to use a new one, click Regenerate Token, copy the token, and then click Save Changes.
Note: If you regenerate the token, you will need to apply the new token wherever you are using a reporting API access token.
Step 2: Add a KnowBe4 integration in Internal Security
Provide Internal Security with the required information for communicating with KnowBe4:
- In your Scorecard header, select the Internal Security tab. Then, select Internal Security again.
- Click Add integrations.
- On the Set up integrations page, click Add integration.
- Select KnowBe4 from the drop-down list.
- Enter the required information from the preceding step and then click Save Configuration:
- The API key (API token in KnowBe4)
The base product URL
Your new integration appears in a table on the Internal Security page. Start viewing your Internal Security score and findings within 24 hours.
Note: Internal Security starts to provide data within 24 hours for each new integration as it syncs with SecurityScorecard's scanning and scoring cycles.