In this article:
Use Snowflake’s Data Marketplace Offering with SecurityScorecard to leverage up-to-date security data and drive deeper insight into a vendor’s potential risk. Your teams can use this data to monitor their own security posture, enhance analytics, and improve the speed at which they leverage cybersecurity insights.
This offering is meant to enhance any cybersecurity and vendor risk management use case within a Snowflake instance.
What you need to use the data offering
The data offering is available in Snowflake’s data Marketplace. To use it, you must have a Snowflake account and permissions to download Marketplace datasets. Contact Snowflake for more information about Marketplace permissions.
You do not need a SecurityScorecard account.
Note: SecurityScorecard does not charge for queries at this time, but you will need to pay Snowflake for running queries and other computing operations, as with other Snowflake Marketplace offerings. Currently, the Snowflake offering is only available for select cloud providers and regions, although this list is growing.
Set up the data offering
Setting up this offering is similar to enabling any other data product in the Snowflake Marketplace. When you complete the steps, the dataset appears beside the other datasets inside your Snowflake instance.
There are two offerings in the Snowflake Data Marketplace: The free offering includes the cybersecurity ratings of the SecurityScorecard Cyber 500 companies. The personalized offering provides a dataset that includes the domains that you can purchased from SecurityScorecard.
Enable the free offering
To enable SecurityScorecard’s free data offering in your Snowflake instance, do the following:
- Go to the Snowflake Marketplace and search for SecurityScorecard.
- Select SecurityScorecard Cyber 500.
- Click Get Data on the right side of the next screen.
- In the dialog, name your database and assign any roles that want to have access to this dataset.
- Click Get Data in the dialog.
Enable the personalized (paid) offering
To enable SecurityScorecard’s personalized data offering in your Snowflake instance do the following:
- Go to the Snowflake Marketplace and search for SecurityScorecard
- Select Cybersecurity Ratings by Domain.
- Click Request Data on the right side of the next screen.
- Enter your request information in the form and click Request Data.
A member of the SecurityScorecard sales team will contact you to discuss the details of the data you are requesting. When you complete the purchase, SecurityScorecard will approve the request.
- Go back to the listing in the Snowflake Marketplace and click Get Data button
- In the dialog, name your database and the accounts that should have access to it.
- Select Get Data in the dialog.
Get started using the data offering
After setting up an offering, it appears in Snowflake under Databases to any user with adequate permissions.
- In Snowflake, go to Databases, under Data in the side pane.
- Locate the database that you named during the setup.
Be aware of the following:
- The free offering is updated weekly, while the personalized offering is updated monthly.
- The free offering is limited to 500 specific companies or domains.
- The personalized offering can include a selection from more than million domains that SecurityScorecard scans, but you must select these companies or domains when you enable the offering. Also, you can only change the selection manually.
- Both offerings have identical data structures, so that the free offering can act as a demo for the personalized offering.
See the following resources for more information.
For questions about Snowflake, contact the Snowflake support team.
For questions about SecurityScorecard data in this offering, submit a Support request.