Use the CSC app to help mitigate threats related to domain registrar, DNS security, digital brand abuse, phishing, and fraud.
CSC is one of our growing list of partnerships with leading cybersecurity data providers who bring even more depth into specific issues that your security team needs to know about.
CSC is a trusted provider for the Forbes Global 2000 and the 100 Best Global Brands® specializing in domain management and security coupled with online brand and fraud protection solutions. As global companies make significant investments in their security posture, CSC can help them understand known security blind spots and secure their digital assets.
CSC provides provides one type of informational signal in SecurityScorecard:
This signal indicates what classes of domain registrars are in use in your network. There are two main categories:
- Enterprise-class registrars (recommended) specialize in working with corporations and brand owners that require advanced business practices, global capabilities, expertise, and support staff in relation to a domain, certificate, and DNS management. They prioritize domain security, brand protection, fraud protection, data governance, and cybersecurity. Working with this class of registrar enables you to:
- Secure vital legitimate domains, DNS entries, and certificates from becoming weaponized by criminals.
- Monitor and eliminate fraudulent domains, DNS, and web content.
- Consumer-grade registrars are generally designed for individual or small-business owners. Their focus is generally not domain security or brand and fraud protection.
Note: Partner signals are informational. They do not impact your Scorecard grade.
Install the CSC app
Any SecurityScorecard customer can install the app and view partner signals for their own Scorecard.
- Select Marketplace from the top menu in the SecurityScorecard platform.
- On the Integrate360° Marketplace page, select CSC in the Digital Risk Intelligence section to access the installation page for the app.
- View a description of the app, and click Install.
Installation completes in seconds with no additional prompts or messages.
Find CSC signals in the Scorecard
You can view any available CSC signals on your own Scorecard or any Scorecard you follow:
- Click the Scorecard tab, and select the DNS Health factor.
Any available CSC signals appear in an Informational Signals section for that factor.
Click the Issues tab in the Scorecard. Any available CSC signal appears with their logo in the Informational rows of the table.
- Click the signal to see a description of the signal and reference links for additional information or guidance.
- Scroll down for observation dates.
Find out more about CSC's offerings.
Give feedback or get help
If you need help, have questions, or would like to give feedback about this integration,submit a Support request.